Monday, November 14, 2011

Rammstein: "Mein Land"

I have to take my Rammstein in small doses. Their blend of deep throated vocals and frankly antiquated industrial metal chugging gets stale pretty quick.  For that very reason I haven't gone out of my way to follow them for years now, which makes the timing of this video perfect:  if anything it's been long enough now that I could actually use a little throwback industrial in my life right now, and "Mein Land" has to be their crowning achievement in terms of promo videos.

The majority of the narrative leading up through the guitar solo is a cheeky, upside down accompaniment to Rammstein's intrinsically dark aesthetic, but in the end it's all a false edifice that's been erected for the sole purpose of being torn down by the band's true nature.  The last minute or so of this is NSFW if that matters.


Rammstein - Mein Land from Rammstein on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment