Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hatriot: "Blood Stained Wings"

THIS is what I want my Exodus to sound like. With all due respect to the Rob Dukes incarnation of the band, I can't listen to any of it without thinking how much better it would be if Steve "Zetro" Souza was still fronting the band (Paul Baloff is dead and gone, so don't counter me with any unworkable scenarios). Hatriot is Souza's new band - named after the Exodus song "Scar Spangled Banner" - and until Dukes is out and the rest of the band can get their reunion on this will have to do... and frankly this four song demo sounds like a pretty killer audition to get Souza back in the band.

Oh yeah, he's also got another Dublin Death Patrol album in the works, so apparently he's squashed whatever beef he had with those guys. Look, I'm willing to entertain the idea that Souza is just a bitch to work with, all I'm saying is maybe it's worth the effort.





No comments:

Post a Comment