Monday, May 7, 2012

Josh Abbott Band: "My Texas" [feat. Pat Green]

Josh Abbott is not the most gifted singer out there, but he's got a flair for writing some decent country tunes. Aside from drinking, the next best thing I want to hear a redneck troubadour sing about is my home state of Texas, and if you didn't get a proper hint from the title "My Texas" is in the vein of Gary P. Nunn's "What I Like About Texas", basically a to do checklist about everything that's great about the Lone Star State.

By the way, according to Wikipedia "My Texas" was released as a single in 2011, but the album containing the song - Small Town Family Dream - just came out two weeks ago on Pretty Damn Tough Records, so I'm shoehorning this in as a new release anyway. Maybe that's cheating, I don't know, but it seems to me that giving a shit just ain't country.

No comments:

Post a Comment