Saturday, December 3, 2011

KILLER COVERS || Salem: "Better Off Alone"

That's right, this is a loose adaptation of the Alice Deejay classic from 1999, "Better Off Alone".  I didn't realize it until now - probably because I don't listen to most of these bands - but apparently there have been prior covers by the likes of Paulson, The Secret Handshake and Matt and Kim (not to mention an aborted studio session by Weezer intended for their Maladroit album... which I daresay could have used a few non-originals).

I don't care, this is the only version of this you need.  Hopefully it will become the definitive arrangement a la Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" or Joe Cocker's "With a Little Help from My Friends", although we arguably don't need any more covers of a tune that was admittedly huge but not particularly all that great to be begin with.



No comments:

Post a Comment