Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sky Ferreira: "Lost In My Bedroom"

As I type this the Billboard Hot 100 is topped by the likes of Rihanna's "Diamonds", Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble", and "Scream & Shout", an art-by-committee collaboration between will.i.am and Britney Spears.

Fuck you, there's no way you can tell me those songs are better or even more accessible than "Lost In My Bedroom". There are no offputting, rough edges on this song whatsoever, so explain to me how the Gaga and Ke$ha fans can't get into this... hell, Sky Ferreira is even signed to Capitol, an admittedly past-its-prime major but still home to chart topping acts like Luke Bryan and Katy Perry. Maybe it's a matter of time: WKMR fave "Ho Hey" is shockingly on the come up so anything is possible (PS: congratulations, assholes... that song has been out for a fucking year already).

No comments:

Post a Comment