Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tom Waits: "Bad As Me"

Well, look who's back?  Excluding the odds & ends collection Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards it's been nearly seven years since Waits' last studio album of newly written material.  I don't know quite what I think of "Bad As Me" after a couple of cursory listens:  it's got a good sound to it and the hammy singing style I've long since gotten used to, but that's kind of just it... this doesn't really distinguish itself much from the same style he's been milking for over ten years now.  Maybe it will be one of those slow gestating songs that end up being one of my favorites, but in the meantime my gut tells me that I hope he chose this as the first single off the new album because it was the most accessible, and not the most adventurous.

  Tom Waits - Bad As Me by antirecords

No comments:

Post a Comment