Monday, July 4, 2011

Reboot! If Hollywood can get away with it...

Time out.

New plan.

Somewhere along the way it occurred to me that it's going to take literally years to plow through every great song released between 1990 and whatever Foul Year of Our Lord it happens to be when I finish... so basically what I did was reformulate my strategy, lease the domain name WhiteKnuckleMustacheRides.com with the intention of turning this into an honest-to-God real website, and then sit on the domain for months before I finally succumbed to incompetence and just pointed Blogspot to the domain name without a trace of redesign whatsoever.

Christ, what an asshole.

Anyway, here's the deal: from now on this blog's primary focus is going to be on new releases, but with frequent looks back at classic material from the past (other blogs that do something similar quite well include Tiny Mix Tapes, Metal Underground and - probably the best example of this blog's original intentions made superfluous by someone doing it better - Every Great Song Ever).

I also wanted to start getting into covering other media as well as music, but I don't really feel like juggling multiple blogs (not to mention domain subscriptions), so expect coverage of movies, literature and (possibly-but-rarely) television to pop up here and there as well (I don't game).

I also plan on doing the occasional editorial piece where I soapbox my opinions on the direction of modern culture, so look forward to dreading those...

All that said, music is the art form that I consume the most - by a pretty wide margin, actually - so if WKMR comes to be known as a "music blog" I'll get over that pretty quick.

Hell, at this point I'll obviously take any readership I can get on whatever Faustian terms they insist upon. Bloggers can't be choosers, and Christ only knows I'm panhandling on the fringes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment